Field Trip!
6:30 AM | Author:
So I took a trip to IKEA last night looking for a new office chair since I destroyed mine. By destroyed I mean I my big fat ass suffers from an increased gravitational pull causing me to sit down faster than most people, thus bending the seat back a little further than it's supposed to every time I plop said fat ass down into the chair.

I just want to say that I HATE modern furniture. Don't get me wrong I love the look of modern, art deco and cutting edge/futuristic furniture. What I HATE is the cost and that I can't own it all. How is it that this plywood chair costs $800? I've grown to understand that this is art, along with fashion and paint splatter, but when your art is mass produced for $15 a piece... YOU DON'T CHARGE 800 FREAKING BUCKS FOR IT! It's molded plywood for crying out loud!

I think I just need to make more money so I can afford to fill my place with a bunch of crap I don't need and that V would hate. That and we need a bigger place so I can buy these.
This entry was posted on 6:30 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 2/22/2009 12:09 PM , Andi said...

Want to see a pick of the Ikea chair ;-)

Also, what are you using for your label cloud - I love it.

And I am still loving the new look!!!!!! Someday I too will have a new look, I paid someone 1/2 last October and if I am lucky I might have something by this Oct.

So really, I am just saying I am jealous!

 
On 2/22/2009 4:12 PM , Beave said...

Here's a picture of the chair, that I was looking at. I haven't bought it because I can get an office chair for $60 at Office Max but I wouldn't love it as much, so I haven't decided.

I thought I put it up before but I may have forgot so... phydeaux3 has the code for the label cloud on their blog.

Thanks for the compliments on the new look. I've been trying to make it a little better and get things the way I like but the coding is a pain in the wazou. Check out btemplates for some great layouts.