The Gimp Who Stole MS Paint
6:38 AM | Author:
In his never ending quest to discover why I will not use Adobe Photoshop over MS Paint and to make me use something more "sophisticated". Pher had turned me on to GIMP an open source program that is reminiscent of Photoshop.

** SIDE NOTE ** To those of you who don't know open source is where programmers create a code for a program, offer the program for free and allow people to edit the code themselves and re-release it (as long as it's open source as well). Two great examples are Linux and Mozilla Firefox.

So I'm using this program and thinking it's alot of stuff that I'll probably never use, but some cool stuff that took me hours to create in Paint I can do in literally minutes with Gimp. I start messing around and I stop and think, "I just created awesome!" I realized that it would've taken me about 30 minutes to do this little picture in Paint and do it for the first time in Gimp, it took me five.

So for anyone still reluctant to move into a new age of photo editing and creating check out GIMP. Now I know that it all seems confusing on what to actually download, but it's not. From the home page click Downloads, then click Download GIMP 2.4.5– Installer for Windows 2000 and above. Then run the installer and it's that easy.
This entry was posted on 6:38 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: