Junior Management
5:28 AM | Author:

I didn't even know that the term existed. Now I am one.

I just found out yesterday that I got the promotion I was hoping for. It was the most anticlimactic statement I could have imagined. I had in my head that I would be asked to see HR and be offered the position and maybe have a discussion of my responsibilities and the benefits of the position. Nope. I was having coffee with my director when he causally said that a memo would go out today stating that I was the new "Lead Officer". Then then continued on like I already knew the promotion was mine.

I should be excited that I got the promotion and leave it at that. I just can't help feeling like I got cheated out of something. Like there should have been a band and a cake or something. I need to get over it. I not only have a job during the recession, which is more than a lot of people can say, but I just got promoted. I'll just count myself blessed and leave it at that.
This entry was posted on 5:28 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 12/05/2008 2:15 PM , Andi said...

Honk! Honk! That is the sound of a mini-band, totally lame I know, but it's something. I am sure your gal was pretty happy for you since you list her as amazing. How do I link with you on Facebook - you mentioned it on a comment you left me, but I don't see an email listed here or a link under your "My other stuff".

 
On 12/05/2008 3:41 PM , Beave said...

Ha Ha Thanks!!

I keep my Facebook kinda private so email me at jbeave@gmail.com and I'll give you my FB contact info.

 
On 1/11/2009 10:20 AM , Emma said...

Congrats on the promotion!