World's Slowest Police Chase
5:10 AM | Author:
On my way to work I was on the inbound Ike, a State Trooper squad pulls onto the expressway at Harlem. The squad was fully lit but only going about 40 mph. I was 2 cars back waiting for the trooper to pull someone over, but the squad just kept cruising behind a vehicle at a steady 40 mph. So we pass Austin and I'm starting to wonder why the hell the car won't pull over. If they were trying to make a break for it, 40 mph on a 4 lane expressway isn't going to cut it.

All of a sudden I see another squad hauling off the Austin exit in my rear view mirror. The second squad then joins the world's slowest police chase. All of a sudden from the left lane, using it's signals, the car they are behind pulls from the left lane to the middle lane, waits then shifts to right lane with both squads in tow, still moving at 40mph.

When the "offender" pulled off at Cicero I look over and it's a little old lady who is struggling to even look over the steering wheel. I love Chicago.
This entry was posted on 5:10 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: